.... we stick to our hedgehog concept and keep going.
Hedgehog concept: keep doing what you do best.
Drew McLellan reminded his readers this week that we only have 6 months left, or in other words: 2008 is already half gone (wished he hadn't reminded me of that!). How are your marketing plans shaping up, he asked too - if you have any.
Reflecting on the first 6 months of this year we can only conclude it is tough out there now! But, especially in our marketing plans and implementations, we keep true to our hedgehog concept that has proven its worth last year and which will prove itself this year too. (If in ain't broke, don't fix it!)
So, positive facts on our concept:
- We published our 100th's article on the FAQ & News site (aka blog) yesterday - keeping true to our aim to inform/educate wooden flooring lovers on all matters related to this beautiful floor covering.
- This 100th's article happened to be the announcement of being granted our own unique FSC-UK ID-code for retailers - keeping true to our aim to provide quality products in the most eco-friendly way (and of course sets us a notch above most other retailers)
- Every single day this month (5 days in) we received small orders through our webshops, 80% of these clients had requested leaflets from our website or had questions answered through our question webform before - proving that giving free information, personalised if needed, without any obligations builds up trust and ends profitable.
- Last and this week we have seen an amazing increase in requests for many of our free leaflets and guides. Specially our "11 Key Questions check list when shopping for wooden flooring - anywhere" - launched only two weeks ago - seems immensely popular. Again, true to our aim to inform and educate prospects about quality products, quality standards and quality customer care.
- Coming Monday our newest Monthly Newsletter, through AWeber (aff), will be emailed out to a staggering 400 readers: an amazing increase - again - of 10% on last month. We started with 180 opt-in readers last November when we switched to AWeber and we have hardly seen any unsubscribers (14 in total and all gave us a positive thumbs up but no longer had use for our information or products) - true to our concept of learning about and implementing ethical marketing tools.
- One of the items in our new newsletter (in a new design too) will be an invitation to our readers to fill in an online questionnaire: 10 simple multiple choice questions to find out if adding wooden flooring to their home will increase the value of their property too - like it does in many cases, according to a recent survey among Estate Agents.
Once they submit their answers, like magic our free report - strictly based on their specific answers - will land in their inbox immediately. (More about this 'magical Super Surv' on a later date). Again, a combination of informing and educating with learning and implementing marketing tools - both in an ethical way.
What's yours? Will it help you survive these tougher times?
I got something to tell you
I got something to say
I'm gonna put this dream in motion
Never let nothing stand in my way
When the going gets touch
The tough get going
(BTW, this is - coincidently - the 200th's post on the Kiss2: "Keep It Simple Sweetheart, specially in business" blog - another positive milestone.)