Social Media is a funny thing, you meet all kinds of people world wide. Sometimes it's a Social Media Tool you share, sometimes it's a marketing method you both are implementing and want to compare results, and sometimes because - no matter where in the wide world the other is based - you work in the same type of business/trade.
That's how Christine B. Whittemore and I met - well, through a combination of reasons, the Z-list from end 2006 and the fact both our main blogs are about flooring:
Beginning this month CB asked me the following questions - as part of her weekly blog series: "Social Media bridging old and new" (and according to CB it also falls in the "Flooring It Differently" category):
- How/why did I get involved in Social Media?
- What do you like most about social media?
- What do you like least about social media?
- How have you used social media to promote your business?
- What 5 suggestions do you have for companies to implement so they can more effectively bridge old media with new media and connect with end users?
- Any other thoughts to share about effectiveness of social media in forging stronger relationships with customers?
I did warn her about my inability to keep things short (I keep things simple, that should be obvious ;-)) - did I 'floor the consumer'?
You decide, and do say hello to CB when your there.