In March this year Christine B Whittemore (known to many as CB the Chief Simplifier) "interviewed" me on how we as small retailer in the floorcovering business use (and profit) from the new modern web marketing tools and strategies. If you have been reading/following my blog you know how much we have integrated web marketing into our business and how - sometimes amazingly - successful that has been.
CB interviewed many more (retail) bloggers about their experiences and what tips/advice they have for others. This has now cumulated into the following.....(straight from CB's own blog "Flooring the Consumer")
"Back in early December 2008, I decided - with inspiration from Mack Collier - to launch a weekly social media series about Bridging New & Old. I've been so impressed with the wisdom that these prominent and talented social media practitioners share that I decided - with inspiration from CK - to feature their responses to one question in an e-Book. Hence "Social Media's Collective Wisdom: Simplifying Marketing With Social Media - Book I."
The e-Book focuses on the question: "what suggestions do you have for companies to implement so they can more effectively bridge old media with new media and connect with end users?"
It takes the responses from the first 26 participants in the series. Since, as of this week, 34 interviews have taken place, there will be a Book II. I promise!
I invite you to read it. I encourage you to share it with others. I think you will find the wisdom within compelling and thought-provoking.
And, then, will you let me know how you applied what's within?
The following very wonderful and wise friends participated in Book I. If you haven't yet explored what they do, definitely do so.
- Susan Abbott from Customer Experience Crossroads
- Toby Bloomberg from Diva Marketing Blog
- Laurence Borel from Blog Till You Drop
- Jeanne Byington from The Importance of Earnest Service
- Mack Collier from MackCollier.com
- Yvonne DiVita from LipSticking
- Jay Ehret from The Marketing Spot
- Kristin Golliher from Otterbox
- Kristin Gorski from Write Now Is Good
- Lewis Green from BizSolutionsPlus
- Ann Handley from Annarchy
- Karin Hermans from Wood You Like
- Chris Kieff from 1 Good Reason
- Andrea Learned from Learned On Women
- Lori Magno from Moda Di Magno Blog For Stylish Living
- Valeria Maltoni from Conversation Agent
- Doug Meacham from NextUp
- Peg Mulligan from Peg Mulligan’s Blog
- Rich Nadworny from Digital Strategy Blog
- Amber Naslund from Altitude Branding
- David Polinchock from Experience Manifesto
- Arun Rajagopal from Arun Rajagopal’s Blog
- Dan Schawbel from Personal Branding Blog
- Mario Vellandi from Melodies in Marketing
- Steve Woodruff from StickyFigure
- Alan Woody from Carpets By Otto